Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179
Immigration Law

I can apply for citizenship next year i am unemployed.If i

may I can apply for... Show More
may I can apply for citizenship next year i am unemployed.If i applyfor Extended Benefits.Any problemin applying citizenship
Category: Immigration Law
replied 5 years ago.
Unemployment benefits have no affect on Naturalization. You just cannot owe money to the IRS. If you look through the N-400 application, it does not ask about having received any government benefits. The I-485 for Residency asks that, but the N-400 does not. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid a small percentage of your deposit. If you do not click accept, the website gets all of your deposit and I get nothing. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
my unemployment benefits has exhausted.My question is applying for extended benefits to state is still fine and don,t have any problemin applying citizenship next year. thanks
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
There should be no problem with that. You should be fine. Sorry for the delay in responding. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and please do not forget to click accept. Thank you.