Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas

How do I find out if a person is a legal immigrant or here

How do I find out if a person is a legal immigrant or here illegally?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your the person an employee? what is the relationship?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Basically this kid worked for me part time. I was under the impression he was legal. Now I'm concerned he is not, and now he is milking L&I of washington state because he lied about suffering an injury at work 3 months after the fact. I have since gone out of business, but he used my name and business to file a claim and made a point of sending it to an innacurrate address so I would have no way of disputing it. He lied about how much he was getting paid, and he lied about the injury itself. I think he was coached on how to rip the system off. And because ssn aren't required to submit a claim in this state (an outrage to me) I don't even know if he's here legally. Any amunition I can leverage is what I'm looking for. I'm working with the state to nail this guy. I've just never known how to verify whether or not a person is legal or not because there doesn't appear to be a local immigration office I can call. HELP!
I understand. I asked if it was an employee because you need to be in some type of relationship with the person to ask for proof of legal status. without that, there is no way for you to find out unless the person or someone close to them tells you. This is private information. It's like wanting to know how much money someone has in the bank or a person's social security number, so without the authority to make him show his legal status or having an insider close to him to tell you this information, there is no database or public forum for you to find that information. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.