Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
46665915

Can one renew an expired russian passport in USA with an expired

Can one renew an expired russian passport in USA with an expired education visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your patience....Do you have your birth certificate?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I just have my russian passport and social security card.
I notice you are in New York. You should be able to renew your passport at the Russian consulate there but I believe you will need a birth certificate to do so. You will need to go in for an appointment and speak with an officer there. You can try to call but my experience is that they have recordings and it is hard to speak to a real person unless you go in person. Their contact info is:

9 East 91st Street
New York, NY 10128(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />

I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your questions. I will still be happy to reply to any follow up at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is also appreciated. Be sure to request me in the future and put “To Georgetownlawyr” in the subject line. Thanks and best regards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Would I get penalized for not having a valid visa if I go in person?
Oh no, not at all. This is has nothing to do with u.s. immigration. I have illegal clients that go and get new passports from their home embassies all the time. Your u.s. visa status is not an issue at your embassy. no worries there.

I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your questions. Thanks and best regards.