Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

What document need to send with ds-230 form for parent from

What document need to send with ds-230 form for parent from BURMA. I thick the document are only need to show when She got interview in BURMA.Am I right or not.
What visa is being applied for?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

immigrant for parent , just for my mom

You mean you are a U.S. Citizen and you are bringing your mother so she can become a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What is ds 230 checklist?

What is different from original and certified copy of document? I don't want to send my mother's document original. How can I get the certified copy?

Ok, here is an official site to the process:

I know you may have seen this already, but just in case I wanted you to have it. And here is another link:

Not all documents submitted need to be certified copies. But to have a copy that is certified, you would go to the agency that is responsible for the document and ask them to stamp that it is a certified copy. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid a small percentage of your deposit. If you do not click accept, the website gets 100% of your deposit and I get nothing. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I already go to that site. But it is not clear. That is why I am asking.

I know the cover sheet but what is barcode mean? DO I need to send 2 cover sheet for [AOS and IV] fee

DS-230 has only 4 pages. [Part 1 and Part 2]. Do I need to send my Birth certificate?

What is ds 230 checklist?

My father was passed away on 1997 .Do we need to send Death certificate with DS 230 form together?

My mother lived in many places [9 different cities] since she was in age of 16. Does she need to send all police certificate? Or police clearance? What is different from police certificate and police clearance?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am still waiting for my answer Are you still there?
Not exactly. I stepped out for lunch and can reply through my cell phone now, but the answer is long and I need to be behind a computer to write it out. When I get back after lunch I will reply. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. I will still waiting to your answer .

The bar code you should see or will see when you get any correspondence from the National Visa Center (NVC). It will be assigned to you. The checklist you should also be getting in the mail. It will have a list of the things that you will need to send. Here is a sample:

The cover letter will be just that you explain that you are a U.S. Citizen and you are petitioning for your mother to come to the U.S. as a Lawful Permanent Resident. You can list thing things that you are sending on the cover sheet.

You should send a certified copy of your birth certificate and you do not need to send your father's death certificate. Unfortunately, she will need one from each country that she lived in since she turned 16. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and please do not forget to click accept. Thank you.

As far as the police clearance letters or certificates, they are pretty much the same thing, it is a letter to show that she has no criminal history in any of the countries that she lived in

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am sure I will make accept for you when finished. Your answer is getting close in my needs.

The customer service said NVC is no longer send package for DS 230 since october 2010. Do you know that. Only we need to download from computer and print out and sign, and then send with document.They have already update the system. That is why it 's make people get confusing.

My point is Do I really need to send all civil document with DS-230 part 1 and part 2 together? Some say just part 1 and some say Part 1 and part 2. I don't want to do mistake.When she go to interview later, she will need these document too.

That's why I would like to talk to the person today who really know this kind of process . Could you please answer for me with update imformation.Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are you still there? please.
You are required to send both Part I and Part II and follow the directions. It is usually always better to send more than what they need anyway and then take originals on the day of the interview.