How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28587
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

sir ... im c1d visa holder i married american citizen ...but

Resolved Question:

sir ... im c1d visa holder i married american citizen ...but i stayed over 8 months and my i94 was expired but i have valid visa un till 2014
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Were you a C1/D because of employment as a crew member?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

im indian c1/d holder i fall love with american girl and we r married also

its possible to get work permit r legal papper in america my i 94 is expired......

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 years ago.
Anyone who enters the US on a C1/D as a crew member is not eligible to adjust status in the US.
You would have to return to India and file there for your immigrant visa. The fact you overstayed for 8 months would mean you would not be able to come back for 3 years.

If I answered your question and you agree with the below, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.

I am happy to answer follow-up questions for you at no additional cost.

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

Judith Ludwic and 4 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you