N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

Who is allowed to notarized DS-5507 here in the US My son

Who is allowed to notarized DS-5507 here in the US? My son who was born out of wedlock in 1999 went for his first interview in the US Embassy in Manila and he was asked to present this. I need to send this asap to him before his Dec 22 interview so who can I go to have this notarized that will be acceptable to the US consul in Manila?
I would tell the Notary here that it has to be used overseas and ask the Notary to get the document Apostilled. The Apostille is issued by the State Secretary of State and it attests to the validity of the Notarization and the authority of the Notary. The Consul in Manila would be hard pressed to reject a signature that has been notarized and apostilled.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for accepting my answer.