Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
46665915

Im a Green card holder with category CR6 but I came to US

I'm a Green card holder with category CR6 but I came to US through my parent which is asylee status, would it cause any problems when I go back to my home country and want to gain reentry into US ??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I may need to ask a few more questions so that I can get an understanding of the facts and then I can reply.

what was the cause of fear for your parents returning there? has that changed now? how long are you planning to go for?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Religion was banned and the ban has since been lifted so the fear of returning is gone and I plan on making a 3 weeks visit.
ok, that's good the ban is gone. As long is you do not go for long periods of time you should be ok and so should your parents, especially since the reason for the fear is gone. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. BE SURE TO REQUEST ME IN THE FUTURE AND TYPE "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks and best regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So it should be no problem re-entering US as long as I have CR6 category with my green card ??
when are you planning to move the condition from your card? when does it expire?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by planning to move the condition from my card ? my card is expired in 2012.
ok, no problem. then I see no issues on the return. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. BE SURE TO REQUEST ME IN THE FUTURE AND TYPE "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks and best regards.