Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
29360852

Is a BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) required by Ghana or the

Is a BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) required by Ghana or the USA for someone to leave Ghana for a vist or immigation to the USA
No, US Consulates and/or Embassies do not require a Basic Travel Allowance. This is most likely a scam as the areas where the US Consulates and Embassies
are located tend to be saturated with scam artists. If someone told you this, it may be a good idea to ask the person
to fax/email a written document from the Embassy with the name of a contact person so that you can follow up with this person.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was pretty sure the USA did not require a BTA but does Ghana require a BTA for their citizens leaving Ghana on a visa to the USA

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Waiting for am amswer to my follow up question

I was pretty sure the USA did not require a BTA but does Ghana require a BTA for their citizens leaving Ghana on a visa to the USA if so under what circumstances

No, Ghana has no concern about the financial situation of a person leaving its country. The same response is applicable. If this Basic Travel Allowance cannot be confirmed with written documentation, it is most likely a scam.