Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My E2 visa application has just been denied this afternoon.

Customer Question

My E2 US visa application has just been denied this afternoon by the US Embassy. i purchased 50% of my mother's company that has been running since 2002. included in my visa application packet was an unaudited financial statement that was computer generated through "quickbooks". the financial statement showed negative amounts of profit. i was explaining to the consular officer that the profits were negative due to bad investments that occurred during the economic crisis that started since 2006 and still going on right now (the negative investment is still under negotiation and is with US courts). though the financial statement until 2008 is still negative, it also showed a growth from the losses between 2007 and 2008. The company also purchased another company that is now under the corporation that i purchased. how can i reappeal my application and what forms do i have to fill up? my visa application is submitted in the US Embassy Manila, Philippines.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

You need to file an APPEAL asap. US catch-all appeal form and filing instructions can be found here:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=58e2b9e54cf0e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2d392cc252f93210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work.

Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry but the answer you provided is only for those who are already in the United States, not if you are denied an application for the actual visa (not the status) while in the home country. the answer you provided also does not have information for appeal of a denied adjustment of status to an E2.

the information i need is for those like me who is still in my home country applying for the actual visa to enter the United States.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
My apologies. I'll opt out and have another expert help you. You have not been charged.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please Accept My AnswerI received the following letter in my email asking me to pay you for an answer that im not looking for, after you told me that you will give me another expert to help me and that i am not charged. the email also included the "green button" which i believe means that i am accepting the answer. i would like to repeat that the answer given to me does not apply to my case. i dont want to think that i am being tricked to pay something that i am not satisfied with.

HiCustomer

I hope my advice on your Immigration Law question was helpful. I just noticed that you haven't accepted my answer yet.

You've already paid a deposit. However I'm not paid until you accept my answer.

To review your answer, go to the question page ( http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2s7h8-e2-visa-application ) and click the Accept button.

If my response wasn't what you needed, please click

the Reply button

and tell me why. That way I can help you better, or find another Expert who can.

Thank you for using JustAnswer,

Eli
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
Sorry - that is automatic. Please ignore. Thanks.