Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Can a 6 year US citizen child sponsor her Parent ? Parent are

Customer Question

Can a 6 year US citizen child sponsor her Parent ? Parent are out of Legal Status in US.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 7 years ago.

A child has to reach the age of 21 before they can petition a parent for status.

Judith

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know one case that an eleven year old Girl got the green card for her Parents who were out of their status. How come their Attorney got their case through.

I'm sorry to say, but that is not how the parents got their status.

The parents may have been eligible for perhap0s Cancellation of Removal after being in proceedings and found deportable. If they were here 10 years and the judge found that the US citizen child would suffer extreme hardship if she had to go live in the parents country, then that may be how it happened.

There may be a few other ways the child's extreme hardship claim may have helped the parents, but the child did NOT petitoin the parents.

Judith

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the answer but The reason given was that the Child has not seen her Grandparent & She wants to Visit them. But let me know what other kind of Hardship claims can be made.

None of this makes any sense to me so I will opt out for another expert to try to figure it out.

Judith

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay..Thanks anyways....