Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

what are the laws in Ghana Gold Ownership if a Family member(father)

what are the laws in Ghana Gold Ownership if a Family member(father) left it for the Child. Does the Child then have to change the ownership to their name from the Deceased father ? when another family member has the possion
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Let me ask you something first, because many of these things coming out of Ghana end up being scams. Is someone asking you to send money?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes that is the case here If i send them $3000 to help get the onwership named changer over. But there is more. Now she this gal that wants to be my Wife wants to marry me and she was ready to leave the Contry but her Mother supposely told here that her Father left here something to help her out whden so got older. Now that i hear this i think that she is scamming me now. I am now starting to not trust her anymore.

Be very careful with this. These are generally romance scams. We get at least two or three questions like this on the website per week.

Normally the scam starts with trying to establish a romantic relationship, perhaps just a friendship at first. They also may claim to be a citizen of the UK or US or wherever so that you would not suspect they have any ulterior motive. They pull at your heartstrings by telling stories of hardship or tragedy that they have suffered in their life. At some point they want to come visit. They may ask you to send money for a passport and/or plane ticket. They may tell you that they have money, perhaps even that they are wealthy, but their money is tied up or something like that, perhaps they tie it into a tragedy or something. Then the next step is when they supposedly have the passport and plane ticket, they suddenly come up with this Basic Travel Allowance or (BTA) which is supposedly to show authorities that they have enough money to fund their trip. This is a lie. There is no such thing. They ask you to send that money so they can put it into a bank account to show the authorities. This is just another method to steal money from you. Then the next part of the scam would be when they are supposed to arrive. You wait for them at the airport and they never show up. A few days go by, you get extremely worried, none of your methods of communication work, and then suddenly a "friend" or "relative" of the scammer contacts you to let you know that she has been detained/arrested by authorities for carrying something illegal, I have heard of unregistered gold and they say it would have been a gift for you (perhaps to pay you back for the money you sent). The friend or relative of the scammer then asks for you to send money to bribe or pay fines in order to have the scammer released. From there, I have not heard of how else they are able to get money out of people. Of course there are variations to the scheme, but that's pretty much how it goes.

Here is a link that you can go to for more information:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html