Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

WHAT IS THE DSL 851A FORM WHERE CAN I GET IT OR DOWNLOAD IT

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE DSL 851A FORM WHERE CAN I GET IT OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

That provision of the law, INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iv) is a provision that the visa applicant has been determined in accordance with the regulations of the Secretary of Health and Human Services to be a drug abuser or drug addict and that makes them excludable from the United States.

The Form DSL-851A is not a form that you fill out, it is just the document that lists what I just stated above. Your fiance has been denied a visa because he has been found to be a drug abuser or drug addict.

Here is a link to the form that he would need to use to apply for a waiver (forgiveness):

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1b22dc89b365d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=25fb1a3d215a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

If he is denied the waiver, then he would have to wait 3 years and apply again and they will test to see if he is clean. I am truly sorry for the bad news.