Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

can i travel to canada and back with my Irish passport and

can i travel to canada and back with my Irish passport and a naturalization certificate as i will not be able to get a passport in time.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 years ago.

You cannot enter the US without obtaining a US passport. You will have to change your travel plans. If you are a US citizen, you have to enter the US using your US passport, even if you are a dual citizen.

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.