Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

my application for green card was denied.and we tried to

Customer Question

my application for green card was denied.and we tried to is thereany chance after iam denied to appeal again. or immigration will deport me rght away
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

What is the basis of your green card, for example, was it marriage to a U.S. Citizen? Did they find fraud?

Have you been before an immigration judge yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>I havent been to the judge. I am a religious missionary.The basis of my application under the special immigrant. my petition is approved. but my green card was denied. since its lack of evedence. my lawyer did not submit my medical result and birth ceritificate and also the letter from the bishop as my employer since iam a missionary</p>
If this is all submitted in the appeal process, you should get an approval. If the appeal is denied, you would have to go before an immigration judge for deportation proceedings. So you have another chance before the immigration judge to prove your case. If the immigration judge says no, you can still do yet another appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals. And if that one fails, you can file a Federal Court appeal, but that one may not stop your deportation. Everything else will probably take a year or two to complete, so no, you won't be immediately deported. It will take a long time to deport you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your answer I am truly frustrated. And there are lots of things that I just not clear to me. What you mention here is very helpful to know that I have chance to appeal to judge. Should appear personally to the judge or or a lawyer?
Well, you would not appear before a judge unless you are in removal proceedings. Your best bet is to have a lawyer help you. You can try to find one at I understand your frustration. I deal with it every day because many of my clients go through it.