Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

What is the maximum age a person can be adopted by a U.S. Citizen,

Customer Question

What is the maximum age a person can be adopted by a U.S. Citizen, the person adopted is from Scotland.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 years ago.

Adoption must take place by the age of 16.

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.

Expert:  Judith replied 7 years ago.

Here are two helpful websites you may want to read.

Thank you for the Acccept.