Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Is a BTA needed to board a plane from China, if its a tourist

Customer Question

Is a BTA needed to board a plane from China, if it's a tourist visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 years ago.

No, it is a scam. This scam is usually used in Africa. Now I see it has spread to China. You may want to read this site

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/international_financial_scams_brochure.pdf

There is no visa fee for Chiinese but the fee for the machine readable stamp of less than $100.

Judith

agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

this is the info i have, i want to know if in fact that this is required:? please advise

Due to Human Trafficking and illegal migration from the Peoples Republic of China to the United States of America,the Chinese/US Immigration department have stepped up their screening and security Checks for all travelers moving out from China. According the rule,Immigrants must have sufficient funds(otherwise Known as Business Travel Allowance,BTA) to cover their trip other wise they would be denied their travel pass.

Note that the minimum amount that an immigrant has to show to the immigration here is 30,000 Yuan in Chinese money or it equivalent in United States Dollars.The said fund is usually refunded back in cash to the primary immigrant before departure.Hongxin travel consults,is not responsible for providing clients with Business Travel Allowances(BTA).

No, this is a scam. You will never see Hongxin travel refund that money, and probably won't even be able tofind them.

Do you know what consular district this person is in - that would be where they are getting their tourist visa? If you can tell me that, I can give you the email address fro American Citizen Services and you can contact them directly.

I am 99% certian this is a scam and you will never see the person or the money.

Judith