How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 101812
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

que puedo aser para legalizar mi situacion migratoria en u.s.a

Customer Question

hola me llamo manuel tengo 30 allos de edad mis padres me tragieron ah u.s.a cuando yo tenia 8 allos de edad aqui termine mi (primaria,secundaria y high school tambien me recive como estilista fui ala escuela y obtuve la licencia q el estado de california me dio como cosmetologys), Tengo 12 allos de estilista todos los allos q eh trabagado eh reportado mis impuestos nunca eh estado en tramites de deportacion solo (2 ocaciones fui detenido por el L,A,P,D la primera vez me dieron wreakles driver driving under the influence of alcohol estava bago el limited de alchol q exigue la ley y la 2da.ocasion por el uso de amfetaminas no fui encarselado solo me dieron un programa de REAHBILITACION lo termine y tambien ya termino mi probation el juez me digo que no iba ah quedar en mi record si terminava lo q el me pedia NO me deportaron oh estuve en proceso de deportacion nunca todavia tengo mi licencia de manego no fue suspendida, Q PUEDO ASER PARA LEGALIZARME EN U,S,A,
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

We ask because we would like to know if you have been able to get any other type of help so that we don't go over the same things with you.


Anyway, I have a couple of questions for you. You say you were in deportation proceedings before. What happened there?


Also, the DUI is not a big deal. But the amphetamines is a big deal. Were you charged with just possession and the charges were dismissed or did you get a withhold of adjudication? This is VERY important that you be exact with the information that you give me.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hola recivi su contestacion YO NUNCA EH ESTADO EN PROCESO DE DEPORTACION ,,,




2- Acerca de los amphetamins ; nunca me agarraron en posesion de anfetamins solo lo que paso esa vez fue de que tuve un accidente cuando llego el policia yo no estava en mi carro lo estava esperando centado en la banqueta me llevo ala estacion y me iso un examen de orina y salio positivo en amfetaminas ,nunca con posesion de anfetaminas agarre un abogado que me represento fui ah corte me isieron aser un programa y luego fue dissmissed,


3-I wass never stop for possed anfethamins i yes did a urine test and it came positive and then the judge give me a program and it got dissmed

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Bueno, la buena noticia es que usted con ese caso dismissed, no lo pueden usar contra usted. Asi que esta limpio en ese sentido, pero como va usted pedir la recidencia si entro (supongo) mojado? El que entro ilegal no puede cambiar su estatus si no fue amparado por la ley 245(i). Usted tuvo una I-130, I-140 o Certificacion Laboral entregado por usted antes del 30 de abril 2001? Esa es la manera de calificar por el 245(i). Dejeme saber y vamos a ver si se puede hacer algo, pero si no, entonces las opciones para usted no son muchas y las pocas que hay no son muy buenas.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.



Bueno gracias XXXXX XXXXX verdad yo nunca eh sido amparado por ninguna ley oh eh echo algun tramite legal la verdad yo nunca sabia q podia ver solicitado algo por la ley 245 si la verdad entre de mogado pero cuando yo entre solo tenia 9 allos de edad eso fue en el allo de 1986 pero bueno solo quiero saber que puedo hacer y si no hay nada que se pueda hacer entonces solo me queda esperar y haber si el nuevo presidente hace una reforma migratoria oh cambia las leyes de I,N,S

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Desafortunadamente, en este momento no puede hacer nada rasonable.


Asilo político es una de las opciónes que yo no creo que es rasonable. Se pide asilo si usted tiene un gran miedo que si vuelve a su país, va ser perseguido por su nacionalidad, raza, opinión política, religión, o por ser miembro de un grupo social especifico y definido. Para solicitar asilo, uno tiene que pedirlo dentro del primer año de estar en el país. Si, no, puede pedir Withholding of Removal, pero eso es mucho más difícil para comprobar que asilo y no le da la residencia como asilo, simplemente no lo echan del país. Y también, otra opción es Cancellation of Removal que tampoco no le da la residencia, pero previene la deportación si uno puede comprobar que tiene un Ciudadano o Residente que depende de ellos y si esta la persona deportada, el Ciudadano o Residente va sufrir EXTREMADAMENTE, y eso tiene que ser algo más que sufrimiento emocional o económico.


Asi que creo que la mejor opción sería esperar a una ley nueva y yo tengo esperanzas que este año o el proximo, va salir una buena.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • Wilton A. Person

    Wilton A. Person

    Immigration Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
< Last | Next >
  • Wilton A. Person's Avatar

    Wilton A. Person

    Immigration Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice in several areas, including immigration
  • Jennifer Marie, Esq.'s Avatar

    Jennifer Marie, Esq.

    Immigration Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
  • Law Girl's Avatar

    Law Girl


    Satisfied Customers:

    My law firm practices immigration law.
  • Gintare Grigaite's Avatar

    Gintare Grigaite

    Immigration Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Expert Immigration Attorney
  • TheLeadCounsel's Avatar


    Immigration Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Immigration and Naturalization
  • Charlotte E. Viener, Esq.'s Avatar

    Charlotte E. Viener, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10+ years handling all aspects of Immigration Law.

Related Immigration Law Questions