Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am wanting to marry a woman that lives in Ghana West Africa.

I am wanting to marry a woman that lives in Ghana West Africa. She has been in touch with an agent that is supposed to get her a visa. The cost is 190 and 250 one is the cost of the visa the other is the application fee. She also said that he is to take care of the flight. And we are supposed to come up with the money soon. Also I have necer met her in person. We have only talked through email and text message. I know I'm taking a big chance but I don't want to lose my shirt over the deal. What do you think of the whole situation?

Hello

I think it is a fraud, quite honestly and frankly. I see a posting like this every week. Why would you want to marry a person who you have never met? Do you really know who you are communicating with?

They may be a very honest and trustworthy person, but if someone you don't know calls or emails you from Alaska, Michigan, etc and asks you to give them your credit card number would you do that?

I'm sorry, but you need to really look at this situation with clear eyes.

Tell this nice lady you would be very much interested in a personal meeting and that you would be delighted to meet her at the airport upon her arrival and take her out for a nice dinner and that you and she can discuss reimbursement of her fees and travel expenses at that time.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I just needed to here it from someone else. I have been thinking about it. And the more things play out the more I could see this as being a scam. I have recieved numerous emails from some company in Africa that wants to send me a million dollars. Only they need a certain amount to send it here. But Thank You. I just wish I would have came to this site before spending a much needed $480. But the advice is well worth the $15 I spent. Have a nice night. And thank you for answering soo quickly. I will take your advice and see if she really is serious. I will tell her to make a trip on her own dollar. And if she actually shows up then we will see how things pan out. Good night! I'm done running off at the mouth.

Hello

And thank you for not being offended by my frank answer!

Judith