Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hi,I wanna know how to make faster I-130 processing, for my ...

Hi,I wanna know how to make faster I-130 processing, for my wife visa to bring her here, because now i became a US citizen, and i filled her I 130 in 2006 when i was just a green card holde. Its just took forever to become a citizen,and now again i have to wait. Plz help me what to do next to make the process.I already called USCIS that now i am a US citizen. I wanna bring my dad and half brother also, because in Pakistan whr i live the life of the people is getting misreable.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

For information on how to upgrade the petition, please look at page 3 on the bottom right of the link I am providing below.

To bring your father, you will need to follow the same steps to bring your wife, file an I-130 and eventually and I-864 and then have him do consular processing.

Unfortunately, in regards XXXXX XXXXX brother, unless he is a minor, he will have a long wait. You may still file an I-130 petition for him, but the wait for that category is about 11 years at the moment. (4th category Family-Based Preference - )

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to GSenmartin's Post: Thanks for ur answer, i am just double checking it wiith u, before accepting it, plz tell me, that at this time i need to wait for I 130 APPROVAL , it mean a leetre should come from USCIS and then i need to mail the certificate and 1 824 for visa number. Because i called then and told then over the phone that i am US citizen.
Yes, you must wait for an approval. Did they tell you over the phone that just the phone call was enough to upgrade your petition? I don't think it is. I think that you have to actually follow the directions in the link that I gave you as you should send a copy of your naturalization certificate.