Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Ignition key locked in, Azera 2007, steering wheel not

Customer Question

ignition key locked in , Azera 2007 , steering wheel not locked , can't turn key
JA: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?
Customer: yes I can turn the steering wheel
JA: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried little loose nut in barrel, unlock the shifter , key is a little worn out so got the purple spare which is like new but can't turn at all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I saw on internet they slightly hammered the key in!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

do not hammer anything in there ,get some wd 40 and loosen it , if the cylinder is broke internally you have to remove ,repair or replace .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

this the ignition switch remove & replace steps , please click on the blue link to view diagrams

2007 Hyundai Azera V6-3.8L

Save Article

IGNITION SWITCH REPLACEMENT 1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.

Zoom and Print Options

2. Remove the crash pad lower panel.

Zoom and Print Options

3. Remove the ignition switch (A) after loosening the screw with IG ON and disconnecting the 6P connector.
4. Remove the steering column shaft.

Zoom and Print Options

5. Remove the door warning switch and key illumination lamp (A) after loosening the screws (B) and disconnecting the 6P connector.

Zoom and Print Options

6. If it is necessary to remove the key lock cylinder (A), Remove the key lock cylinder (A) after pushing lock pin (B) with key ACC.
7. Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13830)

Hi, just checking in ,to see how things are going,Do you need further assistance ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat