peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I just purchased my hyundai elantra elite. I have samsung

Customer Question

Hi there i just purchased my hyundai elantra elite. I have samsung note 5. Having problems
JA: What year is your Elantra?
Customer: 2017 just purchased it on 23 December 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well i have Android Auto installed. Everytime i tap the microphone say no internet connection
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant speak to google for eg please call joe blow. Keep getting no Internet connection
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did your model come equipped with internet installed in your model vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hyundai elite 2017.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Step me through please pete
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will the funds be refunded

Let me know if you received my reply or question above if your model vehicle came with internet options available internally to the vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have to connect the usb . I connect my mobile to the system
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Internet was installed. Just download android auto to my mobile
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Will a refund be made to my account

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

Usually this is a software issue that a dealer has to update at the dealer itself.If you have not checked into this I would see if they can update the software to be fully compatible with your smart phone.This should be something they can do under factory warranty to repair this here.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will rate u .

The only issues I see here is either the Note 5 is incompatible with your vehicle or the software needs updated in your model by a dealer to correct this here.I have seen both as the cause and usually it is a software glitch that a dealer can repair to resolve this here at no charge to you.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about s7 edge Samsung would that be compatible
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pete will i get my refund.

Unfortunately I cannot discuss payment here but the link below can help.

The new S7 should work in your model properly.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about my refund please

See the link I posted to help you with that in my last response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you pete. I will be getting my s7 edge mob this week. Hopefully that should be compatible

The best thing to do once and awhile is check with a dealer to see if any updated software is available to keep your vehicle up to date.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Great thank you for your time.Good nite

Your welcome