George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

On my way home tonight, the right signal indicator just

Customer Question

Hello. On my way home tonight, the right signal indicator just froze when applying the brake pedal at the same time. While driving, when applying the brake pedal and not turning, the right signal light indicator comes on and stays on until you release the brake pedal. When stopped and putting on the right signal indicator, the left brake light and high brake light are all flashing. Now, no signal lights period.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: would that indicate low brake fluid?
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: it is a 2010 Santa Fe AWD GL SPORT 3.5 L
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no this just happened so was looking for what may be going on. Will likely be taking it to the dealer unless it's something simple
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, everything else is working fine. Running no problem, accelerates no problem and brakes no problem. No other electrical issues other than what I've described
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This is sounds like your flasher controller under the dash has malfunctioned. Just to be sure I would like to take a few moments to take a look at the system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Todd. How do I let you look at the system?
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

I'm back. I'm looking and it could be the turn signal switch, or, it's the flasher. I'm kind of leaning towards the flasher because they are common problems. The turn switch would also make the lights behave this way, as the flasher is activated by the signals. Here's a diagram attached, also.