Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

QUESTION}

Customer Question

QUESTION}
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have been told by a Hyundai mechanic that this is not a normal problem and this specific problem has also been experienced by several other Hyundai Sonata Owners. Should be covered under Warranty but is not. Do you also agree? If so, why? Have you also heard of this specific problem with 2008 Sonatas?
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we start. What exactly is your vehicle's problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when I insert the key in the ignition, it will not move. Therefore, impossible to start car. I have tried both keys I have for the ignition. They won't budge. Have had problem for awhile now, but not every use and have been able to usually get key to start car. But not this time!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been told I need an Ignition Cylinder Assembly, Bolt Safety Lock Body & Switch Assembly Replacements in order to use my car. Without replacements ignition will not work.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you receive my initial question, prior to paying for service? I was very detailed and specific in my question.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not see your response!?

So are you thinking that Warranty should cover this? Only if it was a recall or campaign they would but if not it would be too far out in age to be covered. Was there any thing else I can help you with>