Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Engine light on my 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. Code read is

Customer Question

Engine light on my 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. Code read is P200A. Light came on right after I filled up with gas.
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Nope, runs fine. We have a code reader and plugged it in. Code was P200A.
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened yesterday, so i haven't done anything just yet. was going to maybe replace the gas cap for starters.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

This the diagnostic for P200A

DTC P200A

PLEASE CLICK ON BLUE LINK TO VIEW DIAGRAM

Engine Control P200A Intake Manifold Runner Performance (Bank1) - Inspection/Repair:_:Component Inspection Component Inspection 1. IG KEY "ON" and select 'Actuation Test' menu in GDS. 2. Execute 'Variable Charge Motion Actuator'. 3. Confirm the change of VCMA feedback sensor signal and the sound of operation. Specification

Zoom and Print Options

4. Is everything OK?

Zoom and Print Options

But lets try to reset maybe it was a glitch , if it doesn not reset with below procedure then most likley the the actuator of the intake manifold tunner is defective and needs replacement but testing will be needed to confirm

But lets reser it for now

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay, thank you.. I will try all this when i get out of work today.

You are very welcome

OK sounds good

I m online daily from 7 am till late

Please read below how to get back in touch with me

Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat