david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

My alarm went off and on twice last night. I went out to

Customer Question

Hello, my alarm went off and on twice last night. I went out to check it and it wouldn't start. I thought something was wrong with the battery but all the lights worked but the car won't start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David. when you try to start the car what happens? does it crank or does it do nothing at all?

I will be on throughout the day, but will be leaving for an appointment shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At first it clicked, after that nothing at all. I tried to get a jump and nothing happened. The battery seems strong.

ok, when you try to start the car does the security light on the dash go out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Actually I'm not sure, I wasn't looking for that. I'm away from the car now. I will check. If the security light comes on what should I do next?
Thank You

if the security light doesnt go out when trying to start, the immobilizer has been activated and you will need to call a certified locksmith with the proper test equipment to come and reprogram your key or have the vehicle towed to the dealer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What if the security light doesn't come on?

then we need to check to see if the fuel pump is running

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fuel pump can disable the car?

yes it can. what i need you to do is turn the key to the run position. listen closely to see ig you can hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds. if you cant hear it then have someone stick their ear to the fuel door while you turn the key to the run position.

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi David, almost certain it's an alarm problem. I disconnected the positive from the battery and as soon as I reconnected the battery the alarm came on.
So what's the next step?
Thank You

When you reconnect the positive battery terminal and the alarm goes off hit the lock/unlock button on the key fob.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I only have the valet key, my remote is broken. Is there another way?

standby please. thanks

disconnect both battery terminals. clamp them together for 15 minutes to reset all modules. reconnect them and see if that helps.

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay. The car is now working. I reset the alarm and it's working fine so far. Thank You for your help

you're welcome. glad its working... please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. thank you. have a great week.

...