Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Hyundai getz 2009 automatic trans, no codes, all fuses and

Customer Question

hyundai getz 2009 automatic trans, no codes, all fuses and relays checked and ok (front and engine), headlamp bulbs work when you pull the handle, maybe due to a short circuit when changing battery, both low and high beam lights do not work
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.

Hello, so none of the head lights work at all? When you say pull the handle do you mean pull it to turn on the high beams, and when you do that the lights come on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hyundai Accent GLS 2009, IF i KEEP THE HANDLE LIGHT GO ON UNTIL I RELEASE IT, TO WARN INCOMING DRIVERS, CALLED THE SILENT HORN, THAT IS OK , THE BULBS WERE TESTED AND ARE OK, THE PROBLEM IS NO HIGH AND LOW BEAM, ALL FUSES AND RELAYS CHECKED IN FRONT AND IN CABIN

Alright, if all of the fuses and relays are good, the bulbs are good, and the high beams turn on when you pull the handle your issue is most likely the headlight switch. Because the lights do work when you pull the handle you know that the circuit is good, so I would replace the headlight switch.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating three stars or more, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my time. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the switch was tested and is ok, what other components have the system, any other relay, dimmer , somebody talk in hyndai forums about a ---(1)---relay close to the hood release that I could not find and also about---(2) a device thats trigger out and can be activated

Ok, if you can test the switch then go to the headlamp and unplug it at the bulb, you should have close to 0 ohms to ground on one pin and 12v on the other pin with the light switch on. If you do not have this the voltage is not getting there, and we can go from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, monday dec 5, I will make the test and replay