George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

It wont start intermittently. Sometimes it starts and runs

Customer Question

It wont start intermittently. Sometimes it starts and runs fine for 3 or 4 days. then on the 4th day it won't start and may not start for the next 3 days but then it will start on the 4th day. When it starts it runs like new. There is 195 k miles on this car.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes I cleaned and put the terminals back on, the battery is fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2007 accent
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced the fule pump
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** here to help you. I cannot hear or see your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your question and before we start I need to clarify one thing, when you say it don't start .Do you mean it won't crank the engine or it won't fire up?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It wont fire up. It cranks fine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cancel my request. I thought someone was helping me right now. You started out with $5 and then it was up to $20. I don't need your help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Return my money because I am not satisfied with your service.

Sorry we must be in a different time zone , when you didn't reply I went to bed as it was after 12:00 pm here. If you wish we can continue here.Thanx for that info, now we have to determine if it is spark or fuel problem causing this.The fast and easy way to eliminate a fuel problem is to use quick start as some one turns it over give a shot into the throttle body. Don't worry I won't leave you stranded again and I won't ask you to rate me until we solve this. But what you might want to do is do a battery load test because i have seen many times a battery crank good but no reservepower goin to the ignition, they should have at least 9+ volts in reserve.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please just return my money. I do not want to go any further on this site. Thank You