EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe. Need to replace door lock actuator on

Customer Question

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe. Need to replace door lock actuator on rear driver's door. Have outer trim panel off, but can't get the inner trim panel off easily. I have removed all the perimeter bolts, but the inner panel doesn't seem to come free. Is there a trick to removing this? I don't want to break anything while trying to fix the car.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. To remove the interior trim panel of the door, the outside door handle needs to be removed, the door latch needs to be unbolted, and the window glass needs to be removed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this something that you can advise on, or is it best left to a pro? I am pretty good at following diagrams, but haven't been able to locate this info myself

The info is very vague, even at the dealer level in Hyundai's service information. I can explain to you, but I have no diagrams to assist. It is a little difficult if you have not done this before. You do not want to break the window glass as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, sounds like a bad risk/reward proposition to me. I'm going to bite the bullet and take it to a shop. Thanks

I understand. You are welcome. In the factorys attempt to make everything quicker to install on the assembly line and save money, it sometimes makes for more difficult repairs. Please take a moment to rate my assistance and have a great day.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please take a moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Thank you for viewing my response and letting me help. If you have any more questions let me know. Also please take the time to rate my assistance.