Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1 diagnostics, 32 years. Electrical expert
13677702

2008 Hyundai Sante Fe. Driver's side low beam not working.

Customer Question

2008 Hyundai Sante Fe. Driver's side low beam not working. Replaced the bulb didn't work. Switched working low beam bulb from passenger side and didn't work. High bean and pkg light on drivers side work. Could this be a fuse problem or more likely a problem with low beam bulb connection
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Driver's side low beam on 2008 Sante Fe
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See my first message above
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's sufficient
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 days ago.

hello do you have the auto light system or non auto headlights? and what engine do you have so I pull correct wiring diagrams, Thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
non auto headlights. V6 engine
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 days ago.

thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Randall C replied 7 days ago.

2 things come to mind, could be just the low beam fuse for the drivers side, It is in the under hood fuse box,

It is a 15 amp fuse marked H/LP LO LS, I have attatched a diagram and it is shown at lower right in the picture, You also have a relay marked H/LP LO LS relay, Could be the relay but doubt it, If fuse does not work by swapping it, do not just lookk at it, swap with a nearby fuse for testing then? the plug at the light could be bad, I lean to the fuse,Here is the diagram

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What tools will I need? I don't have a volt meter.
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 days ago.

did you get my answer? no tools needed, I mentioned the fuse , showed loaction and need to swap out the fuse.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will check fuse now. Thanks! I'll follow up later to see if that was the issue.
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 days ago.

change the fuse, do not just look at it,I also mentioned the relay , you can swap it with a similar one near it for test, It sgoing to be the fuse or relay or plug

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Replaced the fuse with "spare" 15A fuse. Also switched fuse from LO RH; took out fuse and saw right low beam go off, switched fuse from LH LO to RH LO and Right Low beam back on so fuse is working. Next, I switched Relay. Same idea, unplugged RH LO relay and saw right low bean go off, switched with LH Relay and Right low beam back on, but LH LO still not on. So, I've eliminated bulb, fuse and relay as the problem. Next must be the light bulb connector perhaps? Corroded?
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 days ago.

basically? I doubt wiring problem so yes, a connection problem at the plug, You may not even be able to see or detect that,I do not know all but parts stores sell plugs just for this wheras you only splice in new plug, You cut old off and take to parts store to match it

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay thanks.
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 days ago.

you are welcome