Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2006 sonata v6 - new battery - when battery hooked up horn

Customer Question

2006 sonata v6 - new battery - when battery hooked up horn will not stop honking and vehicle will not start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: new charged battery - connections clean - gear shifter not hung - been moving it
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: purchased new battery - trying to start to get to shop for new cat/convertor wich
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, had it checked and computer showed codes to replace cat/conv. been sitting all summer and wont start and horn honks continually until I unhook the battery
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the battery was bad, then the antitheft system arms when installing the battery, to dis arm it, hook up the battery, and with the horn going off, lock and unlock the drivers door with the key, this will disarm the system,Tim