peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a santa fe 2013 Sport diesel. It doesn't seem that

Customer Question

I have a santa fe 2013 Sport diesel. It doesn't seem that the rear wheels are activated when slippery
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: the engine is from 2013, it has 60.000 km on it
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing so far, except alarming my garage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't had the 2013 model for very long, and after trying to drive up a steep icy hill, the front wheels were spinning and no power seemed to be transferred to the rear wheel. I turned off antispin and abs, but nothing happened with the rear wheels. My 2007 Model Santa Fe usually easy comes up the same hill during similar conditions.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

This can be a fault with the actuator/solenoid that locks in and engages the rear drive as I have seen fail before but the codes will need checked to help diagnose and locate the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete