350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

Problem with rear brakes, I took my car several repair

Customer Question

problem with rear brakes, I took my car several repair places to check my brakes I went to just tires they told me the rotors were not grinded down so the brake pads could grab the pads,so I told them to do what was needed so I would feel safe driving the car he also gave me instructed me on how to adjust the brakes so I can stop and feel better driving
JA: Have you tried "bleeding the brakes" to get any air out of the line?
Customer: I went back to just tires and they bled the brakes. yesterday I was pulling into a parking space put on the brakes they went down to the floor ende up on the other side of a column and my tire hit a parked car. I was scared. had to get it towed and go two tickets. Thank GOD he is always with me. I want your dealership to check out the car. . I cant have that happen again. can you tow my car to your shop?
JA: What year is your Space?
Customer: it is a 2012 sante fa
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: it is a 2012 santafe
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hah firestone check it out, a place called check brakes check I really want some one just tires chargedme 640.00 what can I do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is ther a tow company that you use so I can get the car to you
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

1st thing to do is get in touch with the 'check brakes' firm as they clearly owe you an explanation as to why they sent you out in an unsafe vehicle

for you to lose pedal pressure suddenly like that either there's a leak thats letting fluid out or there's a lot of trapped air in the system where it hasn't been bled properly

Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you