peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have Hyundai Sonata 2011. I can not start my car from

Customer Question

I have Hyundai Sonata 2011. I can not start my car from Smart Key.The problem is showing insert key but If I insert Key in console car is staring .
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We checked fuse , all cable connection and replace the key battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If i disconnect the car battery for few mints after reconnect the battery smart key is working
JA: What is the model of your '11 Sonata?
Customer: How can I find the model ?
JA: What year is your ''11 Sonata?
Customer: 2011
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this fault here is due to an internal electrical fault with the smart key itself with it needing replaced.The battery may be o.k. in it but the electronic signal that the smart key can put out can be weak and cause this issue here with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete