Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Where is the starter located on a 2005 hyundai santa fe 3.5l

Customer Question

where is the starter located on a 2005 hyundai santa fe 3.5l v6
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: single
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it wouldn't start yesterday and tried jumping it and did nothing waited 10 min and tried again and it started
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

It is located at lower front of engine facing the radiator and tucked up under the exhaust manifold - see attached photo

Here is a link to video of step by step replacement of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZpBIucTRQ

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 28 days ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 23 days ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?