peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I own a Hyundai Accent 2003 automatic. Sometimes it does not

Customer Question

I own a Hyundai Accent 2003 automatic. Sometimes it does not go into the next gear. If I stop the car and restart it then it works fine. This happens about twice a week. What can I do?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done first here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

This can be an issue with the transmission valve body,a solenoid in the valve body or an issue with a mechanical component in the transmission like a band or clutch.The transmission will need checked into further to see which is the cause here but first have the codes read out as this will help.Most shops or a dealer can read out the codes and diagnose the fault.But due to so many different components that can cause this here this does need checked into further.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete