peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I had the head and timing belt changed on my 2002 Hyundai

Customer Question

I had the head and timing belt changed on my 2002 Hyundai sonata 2.4 manual tran. has new battery. when I turn the switch on everything lights up on the dash but want crank starter. its dead.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes and the dash lights are on.
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,i run a jump wire straight to the starter with the key on and it turns over but want crank.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would inspect the wiring on the engine especially the grounds at the engine and head to see if anything was damaged or left loose causing this fault here.This is usually the cause after a repair like this has been done.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete