peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 Hyundai acent, yes my problem is when I tramp

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Hyundai acent
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes my problem is when I tramp on the brake it throws out my head light assembly
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: relay is clicking when I turn on head lights switch but the head lights don't turn on unless I use the high beam flasher
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked or tested for this issue at all or replaced to try and repair it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
baught a brand new switch for the lights, the one on the steering wheel.
changed light bulbs, switched relays

Did you do these repairs to try and resolve this issue or were any of these replaced then the issue started to occur from there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I read that it might be the turn signal or the relay or the bulb so I did it to fix the problem nothing worked

O.k.,the turn signal/multifunction switch was a common cause for this issue here but it sounds like this did not correct the fault here.Do you have a test light or multi mete to test electrical at all?This may be an issue with the engine compartment fuse box itself or wiring/connections in this fuse box as I have seen this cause this issue here.Let me know if you have any of these test tools.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete