Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

The TCS and ABS indicator lights came on, No because it just

Customer Question

The TCS and ABS indicator lights came on
JA: Have you checked all the sensors?
Customer: No because it just happen
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Hyandai xg350 2005
JA: Are you fixing your XG350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. There is a button for TCS you can press to cause the light to go out but that didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The defrost works only with the A/C button turn on as well. Is that normal?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do you also have a check engine light on or is it just the abs and tcs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No check engine light, just the abs and tcs lights

The abs and tcs lights come on in conjunction with one another when a component used by both systems is determined to be at fault. Such components include wheel speed sensors, hub assemblies and yaw sensors. It is most likely that you have a failed wheel speed sensor, but the first and most necessary step will be to have the code scanned by a local shop or parts store.

To answer your other question, it is in fact normal that the defrost only works with a/c on as well. this is because it is necessary for a/c to be working for defrost function to be effective.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like to talk but it 9:25pm CST. Why is there a charge? I'm on low fixed income.....

I'm sorry, if the system made a request for a phone call, this is an automatic thing and not something that I can control. Your problem does not require nor would it be helped by a phone call.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If the sensors you indicate are faulty, will it be costly to repair?

That is a relative term, but you should expect to pay around $100 - $200 depending on the particular sensor that is faulty.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is that cost with labor? Will the car be operable for how long before the sensors go out all together?

That would be with labor. If the only lights on the dash are those two, and you are not experiencing any other symptoms, then I would say that the car is operable indefinitely with this problem present. The sensor(s) will not get worse, if it is faulty it has already happened and just by virtue of having a bad sensor, another one is not more or less likely to fail.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are these answers saved, in order for me to take it to the near repair shop or part shop?

Yes, you should be able to access these answers easily after we are finished. If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment and leave a positive rating using the star rating system above. Thanks so much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can I rate later after I look over the answers more clearly?

That is totally up to you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I may have more questions and it's to dark outside for me to see much more in the car. Thank you

That's not a problem, thanks for your question. I also want to remind you that it is possible and welcome to ask any questions related to your original inquiry, even after you have rated my service. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I did not know....

No problem.