George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I took my car in for an oil change - 2013 Hyundai Elantra -

Customer Question

Good morning - I took my car in for an oil change - 2013 Hyundai Elantra - I was told the rear light assembly on both sides was melted. Is this normal for a car that isn't even 3 years old yet and is garage housed in both home and work when not in use? I have to replace both at $214 a piece and am quite surprised by this. When I asked, they had no explanation for me as to why this would happen. Guidance please.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the lights in the back of the car that are on each side (not parking) big lights
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No apologies but this is not in my wheelhouse but ordered them from the dealership to get fixed - can't have melted lights - worried about letting it stay that way.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of - just found it very peculiar and wondered if it was normal?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, can I get the last 8 digits of the vin number so that I can check for any service bulletins out for this issue.