Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have a 2000 Hyundai Elatra I replace the transmission and

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Hyundai Elatra I replace the transmission and the car has a 6 pin shift silanoid harness and the transmission has a 4 pin silanoid harness can this be hard wited to work so the car shifs it is stuck in third gear now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 month ago.

There is no way to wire up that transmission with that car. If the harness from the vehicle doesn't coincide with the one on the transmission then the transmission isn't the right one for the vehicle. The computer controls the transmission shifting, all 6 of those pins have a job so unfortunately there is no other way. The reason it is stuck in third is because that is the fail safe gear.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating me 3 stars or higher or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.