Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

How do i check fuel pressure on 05 tucson with a 2.7?

Customer Question

How do i check fuel pressure on 05 tucson with a 2.7 ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Scott! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

To correctly test the fuel pressure, you will need a fuel pressure testing tool. If you do not have access to one, you can usually rent one from most local big-chain parts stores. As for the procedure to do so- I've wrapped the procedure into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/jYUzxS

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is a special adapter needed for hyundai fuel rail ?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

It should be the "normal" shrader valve port, however, most pressure tester kits come with the adapters to fit just about any vehicle.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Correction- there WILL be an adapter for this vehicle. It "should" be part of most tester kits, but if not, the adapter part number is ***** in the PDF file I sent (09353-38000), placed between the fuel feed hose. Again, should be included in a standard, newer testing kit.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hey Scott, I saw multiple downloads on the PDF file. Did you receive the file ok?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Scott! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..