Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with 120,000 miles on it. About

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with 120,000 miles on it. About a week ago it began jerking when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. It doesn't occur when shifting to other gears (already that I notice) and I don't notice any leaking fluid under my car. Any idea what this could be and what service I might need to fix it?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Possible causes for a harsh 1-2 shift are:

• 2nd brake clutch not holding
  • 2nd brake accumulator seals or spring damaged
  • Fail safe valve A or B sticking
  • 2nd pressure control valve sticking

Inspecting the solenoids and valves and replacing the fluid is the first procedure to follow and then retest to see if more repairs are needed.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris