Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Replaced battery on 2009 Elantra, now radio does not work.

Customer Question

JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes, I checked, there are two fuses together in a plastic frame, they are both OK.
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses, then I pulled out the plastic frame that holds the 2 fuses, waited one minute and reinserted it. Radio still did not work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Its possible the prior discharged battery surged the voltage and fried the radio. We need to do wire testing at the radio if you can.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuses in car were fine. I did not know there was also a fuse on the back of the radio. That fuse was blown. In the future please advise customers to check fuse on radio as well as fuses in panel.

Sorry you were not able to reply on the 16th so I could of helped you more with the steps I was hinting at.