FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician

Hyundai Tucson, 2007 stalls and sometimes won't start.

Customer Question

Hyundai Tucson, 2007 stalls and sometimes won't start. Doesn't throw a code and when it won't start, the computer does not read any porblems
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No check engine light. Stalls when driving. Replaced all senors but camshaft position sensor.
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced fuel pump, coil pack, plugs wires, throttle position sensor crank shaft position sensor. Work done by a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 104, 000 miles new battery. Someitmes the headlightw will come on in the middle of the night when no one is near the vehicle.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** are a few problems that can cause this but the most common issues are a short within the fuse box under the hood, or more commonly a failing ignition switch. The switch fails frequently and causes this to occur. A voltage drop test of the switch can be done to verify if it is failing. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.