peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2005 2.7 v-6 had wires & plugs put in now trans. ,t shift

Customer Question

2005 2.7 v-6 had wires & plugs put in now trans. don,t shift correctly &r.p.m.s are to high please help
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the work has not been checked over for anything electrical that may have been bumped loose at all this should be done.I have seen issues with loose wiring or connections when the plugs and wires are replaced that can cause this issue here.

If this is o.k. and the shop actually crossed two electrical plug ins plugging them in incorrectly this can cause damage to the engine/transmission ecu causing this fault here.I have seen this occur as well in the past before.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out using a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to see what codes are set this should be done.If any codes are set in any of the computers the codes will need diagnosed to help in locating and repairing this issue here.If the crossed connections did cause damage to the ecu (which I suspect it may have) then the shop that did the repair should cover the costs for repair to resolve this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete