George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

My son has an Elentra. He just got back from his dealership

Customer Question

My son has an Elentra. He just got back from his dealership and was toldthat his steering rack needed to be replaced. How much should something like that cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: So how do I pay that?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Okay. I have another question in respect to this. Does the steering rack normally go bad on a 2012? And what does it normally cost for labor? Can I get answer to all three or do I have to pay $5 for eachand is there another cost for the rest of the information?
JA: Have you checked the fluids? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.
Customer: He has not checked the fluids. But assuming it is dry. The HYundai leadership says it has to be replaced.
JA: What is the model of your '12 Hyundai?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is my son's car and the only thing he has done is to take it to the dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Can you tell me the model of your 2012 Hyundai please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot get to your anser. Uou have charged me $24.00
Customer: replied 15 days ago.