Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified

It starts but shuts down shortly after. not the battery,

Customer Question

it starts but shuts down shortly after. not the battery, apparently not the alternator. i suspect it's one of the sensors, since I had the check engine sign on about a month ago. I also replaced the amf sensor recently, but i think it was the wrong sensor to replace
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I do not unfortunately :( the engine sign is not on anymore, since it shut down on the road recently
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Hyundai Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: tucson 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will be, but for now I don't have enough knowledge and have to go to mechanic shops
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: tried jumping, charged for about 30-40 min but still barely started. all the lights come up when attempt to start, and then it dies. I also hear a clicking noise once I turn it off. oh also when I move the cable that goes out of the fuse box, the clicking noise starts, lights come on, and the car tries to start
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 22 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to get some idea what is causing the problem you are having you need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be stored in memory . If you can get this done and post back with them I will see if I can help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I was told that the history wiped out after I jumped it. The miles cleared out too.
I believe it is something with either cables or sensors. Not sure what it is, and I don't think I'll be able to diagnose it any time soon
Expert:  Ron replied 22 days ago.

I would start with removing the battery and have it tested. Most auto part store will do this for you at no charge.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I towed the car to the auto shop yesterday. They checked the battery, alternator, and the starter. Everything seems to be working fine. What should I do next?