Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

Second opinion] - my 2014 Hyundai sonata engine light is on

Customer Question

Second opinion] - my 2014 Hyundai sonata engine light is on the shop says it is code 5206 the turbo can I still drive it it drives fine the light went off for 6 days then went back on
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 19 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can I get the vin#?

Are you sure the code is 5206?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
5npec4ab9aeh922636 yews a turbo issue and the blue link told me the same if you nare unsure like the guy rn tjhen I want a refyund
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Sorry that is not a valid vin number in the USA. I will opt out.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. there are no cdes for your vehicle with this number, these are the turbo codes for your vehicle 2013 Santa Fe Turbo Error Codes P2562 and P2563

If you don't hear any noises from the turbo itself there should be no issue driving just you won't have proper performance from it , probably a gate pressure issue . But I cannot tell with this code and would like to see you have another shop pull and read the codes as this one does not exist for your vehicle.Hope this helps you find your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.