George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My 2014 Hyundai sonata engine light is on the shop says it

Customer Question

my 2014 Hyundai sonata engine light is on the shop says it is code 5206 the turbo can I still drive it it drives fine the light went off for 6 days then went back on
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

What type of problem did they say was going on with the turbo?

Are you sure the Code was a P5206?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is what they said
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay is the engine blowing any excessive smoke and are you hearing any usual noises?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no smoke or noise
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

As long as there is no smoke and no noise then you are safe to drive it. As far as the light coming on this will need to be addressed as soon as you can. Im not finding any listing for the code you have listed which usually means its not a valid code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you are incorrect I saw it myself and the mechanic is a life long friend of mine not happy with your service I will dispute the charge it is a rip off
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

I have not been paid anything with out your rating and I have not provided an answer yet due to not having complete information. Any money you have placed in your account remains yours . There is nothing to dispute at this point.