Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Where is the S.A.S. located on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra with

where is the S.A.S. located on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra with this V.I.N.# KMHDU4AD8AU908121, please be specific per the V.I.N. of the car. I´m having a code C1623 and I want to check what´s happening.
thanks

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

The steering angle sensor is mounted behind the steering wheel on the steering shaft.

It's also part of the clock spring for the air bag system as well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

are you positive about the location of the SAS per the V.I.N.?

I ask you this because the clockspring seems to be working fine because the airbag, horn, cruise control and radio controls are all working fine in the car.

thanks

VIN doesn't matter on this model. That is the SAS.

The rest of the systems could be working fine, and that one connection bad inside. It's all one piece, but inside it's a lot of pieces.